2021 Ilia Calderón Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit in Germany for Young Leaders from Latin America
Deadline: April 24, 2021.
For the first time, One Young World has teamed up with The Jang Calderón Family Foundation to support young Black or Indigenous leaders, between 18 and 30, who are leading innovative and impactful initiatives in Latin America. The “Ilia Calderón Scholarship” will select and fund the participation of two young Black or Indigenous leaders from Latin America, who will be able to travel to Europe and attend the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany.
- Aged 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2021 which takes place in Munich from 22-25 July 2021.
- Eligible Nationalities: Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Guyana, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Brazil.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich.
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 22 and 25 (inclusive) July, 2021;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class).
- Domestic travel costs to airport to take the international flight (economy class).
- Visa costs, if applicable.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit).
- Translation services from English to Spanish in the plenary sessions, welcome and closing event.
- Demonstrate commitment and potential benefits for the communities or territories to which they belong.
- Relevance of the initiatives to which he/she leads or he/she participates.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Address key local and/or global issues in their community or territories.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.