2021 IFC / TechEmerge Temperature Controlled Logistics Nigeria Challenge
Deadline: January 31, 2021.
TechEmerge is on a mission to demonstrate that state-of-the-art technologies and new business models can make temperature-controlled logistics efficient, affordable, and sustainable in Nigeria.
In collaboration with Kobo360—an e-logistics platform operating across Africa that connects truckers to customers—TechEmerge will match innovators across the world with leading companies in Nigeria to pilot sustainable cooling solutions that reduce losses in supply chains, strengthen access to TCL-dependent products and markets, and build commercial partnerships.
- Priority will go to proven products installed in at least one commercial setting, but innovations at the product development stage will also be considered.
- Innovators must be privately-owned companies, typically with less than 50 employees and less than US$100M in venture capital funding (with some exceptions).
- Innovations must respond to the cooling needs and challenges of Nigerian adopters.
- Clean, sustainable, resource-efficient solutions demonstrating value for money and scalable potential in the Nigerian market.
- Ability to allocate time and resources to participate in the project, including virtual meetings and events, and implementation of field testing/pilot projects on the ground in Nigeria.
- Access a nascent African TCL market of potential users/buyers of cooling technology, products, and services.
- Work with leading adopters operating cold chains across different sectors, such as agriculture, pharmaceuticals, and food distribution.
- Access a pool of up to USD 1 million in funding to support pilot projects.
- Technical assistance from the TechEmerge team and our global network of advisors to develop pilot implementation and market entry strategies.
- Potential IFC investment for successful innovators with scalable solutions.