2021 Goethe-Institut Radio Art Residency Program for Artists from Non-German Speaking Countries
Deadline: January 31, 2021.
The Radio Art Residency is an international fellowship programme for artistic practice on the radio. The residency is a joint project by the Goethe-Institut and Experimental Radio at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar in cooperation with the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar, Deutschlandfunk Kultur, Thuringia’s Landesmedienanstalt, EIGENHEIM Weimar/Berlin and ACC Galerie Weimar.
The programme offers a three-month residency twice a year in Weimar for artists from non-German speaking countries.
- The programme is for artists working in the field of acoustic and time-based arts (radio, performance and sound artists).
- Applications are open to artists from non-German speaking countries without residence in Germany.
- Although experience in radio production is not necessarily required, an interest in engaging with the medium and using the radio for your own work is expected.
- Financing of arrival and departure expenses
- Provision of accommodation in Weimar for 3 months
- A monthly fellowship of 2,300 euros (includes material and production costs as well as costs for local transport and travelling)
- A broadcast in the Klangkunst programme of Deutschlandfunk Kultur
- Curatorial supervision and technical support by Experimental Radio at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. Provision of airtime by bauhaus.fm (Radio Lotte)
- Work and present for a month in the exhibition space of the EIGENHEIM Weimar
- A workshop with students from Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- An artist talk at ACC Galerie Weimar
- An artist talk as part of the radio talks series of Experimental Radio and concerts in the Studio for Electro-Acoustic Music (SeaM)
- Networking with relevant artists and institutions via the network of Experimental Radio and the Goethe-Institut
- If possible, a German language course at a Goethe-Institut in the country of residence
Applications must be in English and contain the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae with full contact details, educational background and an overview of your artistic career to date (residencies, other fellowships), 2 pages maximum.
- Letter of motivation: Please describe your motivation for participating in the residency programme in a maximum of 2 pages. Please also describe the project you would like to work on during your stay and describe your approach to the medium.
- Portfolio: Please send us a brief portfolio that provides insights into your previous artistic work.
Please submit your application as a single PDF document. Audio files may be sent via email or uploaded to relevant digital platforms.
Please send your application by to:
Subject: Radio Art Residency
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.goethe.de/en/kul/ser/rep/rad.html