2021 Future News Worldwide Conference for Young Media Makers
Deadline: June 8, 2021.
Future News Worldwide identifies, trains and connects the next generation of global journalists. It is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations.
The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
- The programme is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students aged 18-25, and to graduates who completed their degree course after 1 July 2019. It is not essential for you to be studying journalism, but you should be fully committed to a career in media.
- Those who applied for the 2020 conference should have received a message to their registered email address they used when applying last year. You should not have particpated in the in-person conference in Edinburgh or London before.
- You must be available to attend a conference session on either 14 (afternoon, GMT) or 15 July (morning, GMT) 2021.
- Applicants can come from any region of the world and must speak a very good level of English – the equivelent of IELTS 6.5 or above.
- The Competition is open to individuals of any nationality who meet all the criteria in the Terms and Conditions set out here
The prize consists of a place at the Future News Worldwide 2021 digital conference, and inclusion in the Future News Worldwide alumni network.
This includes the following:
- Attendance at the online Future News Worldwide 2021 conference.
- Inclusion in the Future News Worldwide alumni network with over 400 members.
To enter, you must access the application link at https://jobs.guidantglobal.com/british-council-future-news-worldwide and then follow these steps:
- Follow the chatbot questions at the bottom of the page, answering contact and eligibility questions which include equality, diversity and inclusion monitoring.
- Read and accept the Competition Rules by ticking the “I have read and understood the Competition Rules and agree to the Terms and Conditions” box.
- If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will be sent a link via email to the next stage of the application, where you will be asked to submit answers to two questions that cover your journalism experience and motivation for applying to Future News Worldwide 2021. See details of each question in the next two sections.