2021 French-African Foundation Young Leaders Programme
Deadline: March 21, 2021.
The devastation caused by the pandemic is impossible to express in words. Whilst lockdowns keep us isolated at a time when we need each other the most, the challenges facing Africa and France have never been more complex.
Now more than ever, the French-African Foundation wishes to identify, assemble and nurture the most promising high-potential talents within the France and African economic, political, academic, social and cultural ecosystem. How can we speed the recovery? What solutions remain unexplored, for inclusive growth to become the fabric of our societies? Where to next? Millions of people are counting on the next generation of African and French leaders to be the answers to the region’s most pressing questions.
- Selectees must be between 28 and 40 years old.
- They need to be French nationals or the nationals of an African country.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn.
- French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process.
- Selectees should demonstrate engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders.
- The selectee must also demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports, community, etc.)
- They must showcase inclusive leadership, commitment, and a sustained involvement (3 years minimum) that impacts their community, country, or sub-region.
- Lastly, a display of a privileged professional and/or personal and/or associative relationship with France and Africa will be valorized.
In addition to candidates from all background, the Young Leaders Program will welcome 15 Young Leaders with a background in Sports. These candidates should :
– have participated in an international sports competition as athletes ;
– OR have an experience of at least 3 years, working in a structure with a link with sport ;
– OR have an experience working on a project centered on sport as a tool for social, environmental, economic or political development.
- The 100 young leaders will take part in an induction and wrap-up seminars, where they’ll have the opportunity to express their expectations. In France, these sessions will be led by Egon Zehnder, the world’s largest privately held executive search firm.
- In addition, the 100 young leaders will meet with major stakeholders from corporations, SMEs, mid-level business, start-ups, and members of key associations and institutions.
- This year, the program pays special attention to the development of France and Africa’s sports industries.
- Young leaders will be taken on tours, exposing them to grassroots cultural realities.
- They will receive hands-on workshops dealing with media training, war school type decision-making sequences, and much more.
- In addition, the young leaders will be trained in the art of diplomacy, under the leadership of leading PR agencies in France and Senegal, with a focus on resilience, 2021s rallying theme
Documents to download during the application process
Please note that we accept all documents in either English or French. Please use the language that you are most comfortable with.
– A copy of your passport;
– A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
– Submit a video (3 minutes maximum) answering the following three questions:
1. Can you introduce yourself in a few words ?
2. Why do you want to join the French-African Young Leaders program ?
3. How would you describe your link with France and Africa and what is your vision of the African continent and its relations with the world ?
– Optional : two letters of reference maximum from people who know you well, and the contact details of two people that we could reach and who could tell us more about you.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://en.french-african.org/young-leaders-2021