2021 Forbes News Editor, Breaking News (West Coast or Hawaii) Recruitment
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are the world’s biggest business media brand, and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google. In short, we have a big platform, and we use it responsibly.
Forbes is looking for an experienced editor (West Coast or Hawaii) and leader to help edit and assign stories for its growing News Team. This position requires obsessive interest in current events, precision storytelling and editing, and a proven ability to efficiently oversee reporters and a schedule.
- Help lead a team of reporters contributing to Forbes’ News Team — both breaking news stories and sharp explainers of emerging topics and issues.
- Ability to brainstorm reporting and research strategies on the fly.
- Edit stories with clarity and speed.
- Great headline-writing skills.
- Have a grasp on best SEO practices.
- Collaborate with Social, Video, Photo and Art Departments on promotion and story packaging.
- Make content decisions using a combination of data analytics and instincts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of editorial experience editing and working in an editorial newsroom particularly breaking news.
- Strong communication skills that can translate across different departments and several time zones
- Demonstrated excellence in editing industry-leading features and news
- Experience managing reporters and writers
- Ability to balance multiple competing directions, identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects successfully
- Knowledge of analytics platforms: Native Insights, Sprinklr, Google Analytics, Looker, Chartbeat
- Familiar with Slack, Asana, and various project management tools
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- Ability to work nights and weekends.