2021 Facebook Community Accelerator Program
Deadline: May 31, 2021.
In their discussions with community leaders over the last few years, they’ve learned that many of them are looking for support and guidance in how to grow their communities’ impact. They want to take a holistic approach to supporting these communities. So in addition to building the tools and educational resources that they need, they’re also building programmatic ways to provide training, support and funding to enable great communities to make an even greater positive impact in the world.
- This program is open to communities that have a presence in Facebook Groups with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, United States, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco & India. Communities must have existed for over one year and must have a minimum size of 1,000 members.
- The program will be conducted in Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico & Argentina), German (Germany, Switzerland & Austria) and English for all the other markets.
- Participants of the 2020 Community Accelerator are not eligible to apply. Participants in other Facebook programs are welcome to apply as long as they meet the program requirements.
- Facebook will work with GlobalGiving to fund participants’ project plans & to help set them up for success in the program.
- Selected participants will each receive up to $50k USD for their participation in the program and to fund their community initiatives during the eight-month program and could be eligible to receive part of the $1 million USD of additional funding available to further fund their community initiatives. Up to $7.5 million USD will be awarded to program participants in total