2021 European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition for Nigerians
Deadline: January 29, 2021.
The Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS is organising a short video competition on sexual and gender-based violence as a means of eliminating its prevalence in society.
The objective of the competition is to stimulate the awareness of Nigerians on issues of gender-based violence, ensuring that the voices of young people are heard and taken into consideration when shaping and implementing programmes and policies in Nigeria.
- This competition is for videos made by Nigerians (individuals or groups) based on their understanding of SGBV and how to mitigate its prevalence in society.
- Entrants are asked to express what they understand by sexual and gender-based violence and ways to eliminate it in society.
- Unleash your creativity in a three-minute video to illustrate the positive changes you would like to see.
- Express it with moving pictures using a true-life story or fiction.
There will be ten winners for the overall best videos.
1st Prize = Video editing desktop
2nd Prize = Video editing laptop
3rd Prize = DSLR camera
The 7 best runners-up will receive a grant of N500,000 each.
10 best videos will be shown at all gender-based events, with credits to the video owners.
Note: You do not need to be a professional filmmaker to be a part of the competition. If you plan to use your mobile phone to shoot the video, please follow the guidelines below:
- Put your phone on air mode to avoid interruptions during recording
- To get steady shots, use a mobile tripod, selfie stick, or hold your phone steadily
- Ensure that you get good audio. Be careful not to block the microphone on your phone with your palm when holding the phone during recording.
- Make sure you have good light
Length of video: maximum of three (3) minutes
Credits: ensure your video has all relevant credits
- Google drive
- Upload on your Instagram and tag @EUinNigeria (you can upload in batches – if your Instagram is on private, we will not be able to view your entry)
- WhatsApp (0901 065 5926) To ensure your video quality does not drop, send as document on WhatsApp