2021 Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship Programme
Deadline: April 30, 2021.
The goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) Programme is to promote research and education for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
• Existing professional contact with a relevant professor is highly recommended
• High English proficiency level is necessary
• Maximum age: 40 years
• Excellent MSc Degree and high academic performance is necessary
• ONLY contact an ETH professor with a concrete project idea
Please read the Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements (PDF, 186 KB)
The grant sum is 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs of the doctoral students for three years.
The concept note application must include:
• Completed Concept Note Application Form 2021 (DOCX, 37 KB)
• CV of the candidate
• Excellent MSc degree from a recognised university and grade transcripts
• Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich
• 2 reference letters from your field of research
• Relevant own publications or documentation of relevant activities relating to the project
• List of 5 independent reviewers
The candidate submits the Concept Note Application Form 2021 to the E4D programme office by e-mail to [email protected]