2021 Enel Foundation Open Africa Power Program for African Students
Deadline: April 6, 2021.
The call for applications will officially remain open from March 4 to April 6,to high-profile African students undergoing or having completed Master’s, MBA or PhD studies in African universities. After receiving more than 750 applications last year, Open Africa Power is welcoming candidates who want to acquire a holistic know-how of the electricity sector, enhancing their technical, regulatory and business skills required to work in the private and public sector towards the electrification of Africa.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Be between the ages of 24 and 35 by May 3rd , 2021.
• Be a citizen of an African country;
• Currently resident in an African country or planning to relocate in Africa within the end of 2021.
• Be eligible to travel to Italy. All candidates are invited to check well in advance the procedure applicable to their specific case.
• Having graduated from or being a student (having an admission letter is also acceptable) of a PhD, MSc, LLM, MPP or MBA degree. Undergraduate students or people who are not at least enrolled in a master’s degree are not eligible for this program. One of the two degrees (Bachelor or Masters) must be from an African University.
• Have competences and a demonstrated interest to pursue a career – in private or public sector – in the electricity space at large.
• Be fully proficient in English
- The ambition of the program is to empower and retain African talent in a crucial sector like energy, of paramount importance to unlock Africa’s sustainable future.
- The program offers knowledge on all aspects of sustainable electricity production and distribution to the best and most motivated PhD, Master’s, and MBA students and alumni.
- The program also aims to create a networking platform for participants in order to maximize impact.
Enel Foundation invites all interested candidates to carefully read the call for applications available at the Enel Foundation website. Those fulfilling the required criteria can submit their applications via the dedicated online platform using the verification code (OAP21CFA)
Applicants must provide:
• A copy of their CV.
• Copy of their Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates AND academic transcripts.
• A copy of their Passport.
• A motivation letter.
• Three reference letters from industry, academia and/or civil servant representatives.