2021 EJS Center Amujae Initiative Program for Young African Women
Deadline: September 30,2020
The Amujae Initiative is the EJS Center’s flagship program, whose mission is to inspire and prepare women to unapologetically take up roles and excel in the highest echelons of public leadership, and to bring other women along. Each year, the EJS Center identifies 15 African women public leaders and offers them targeted leadership development experiences that are designed to fuel their ambition and equip them with the necessary skills for effective service. These women become part of a purposeful sisterhood that propels women in public leadership forward, a multi-generational network of distinguished women leaders, and a movement advocating for increased women’s participation in public life in Africa.
- a citizen of and resides in any African country.
- Has proven leadership talent, having excelled in her chosen field and distinguished herself as someone who can deliver transformative impact.
- If not already involved in public service, has the vision and proven commitment to become an exceptional public leader.
- Has demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Is patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to their home country/countries.
Amujae Leaders receive world-class mentorship and training from former heads of state, leaders of international organizations, and private sector executives.