2021 Echidna Global Scholars Program at Brookings Institution U.S
Deadline: February 19, 2021.
The Echidna Global Scholars Program is a visiting fellowship hosted by the Center for Universal Education (CUE) at the Brookings Institution. The program aims to build the research and analytical skills of NGO leaders and academics who have substantial experience and ties to developing countries. Echidna Scholars spend four to six months at Brookings pursuing research on global education issues, with a specific focus on improving learning opportunities and outcomes for girls in the developing world.
- The Program selects professionals with substantial experience in and ties to developing countries, a demonstrated intent to return to a developing country after completing the period of residency at Brookings, and a passion and demonstrated commitment to girls’ education
- Applicants should have a background in education, development, economics, or a related area, with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in either research/academia; non-government and civil society; government; or business.
- Master’s degree required; Ph.D. or research background strongly preferred.
- Successful applicants will have an intimate understanding of education development issues and gender
- Applicants who have not worked explicitly on girls’ education previously are welcome to apply but should include an explanation of how this focus on girls’ education can be integrated successfully into their current and future work
Applicants selected for the fellowship will receive a living stipend of USD $5,000 a month while in D.C. (subject to U.S. tax withholding and reporting), paid single-occupancy housing for the four-and-a-half-month term, round-trip travel expenses, and a limited health insurance plan.
- Submit a cover letter that explains your goals and intent for the program, along with your curriculum vitae or resume which will include a list of your publications, and fellowships, honors, awards, funded research, or foundation support that you have received. Please attach curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter as one document when you apply, as instructed.
- When prompted, attach answers to Questionnaire. Click here to access document
- When prompted, attach Research Project Proposal. Click here to access document
Documents must be saved with a format of Last Name, First Name and document name (for example: Doe_Jane_CV). Note that letters of recommendation, writing samples, and transcripts are NOT required. Please upload Questionnaire and Research Project Proposal in the Writing Sample section.
- Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates selected for interviews may be asked to submit additional materials. Incomplete applications, and any applications received after the deadline will not be considered. If you require visa sponsorship to participate in this fellowship program, your English proficiency will be verified via an objective assessment as required by the U.S. Department of State.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.brookings.edu/echidna-global-scholars-program/