2021 Croatian Scholarships for young Christians from Developing Countries
Deadline: May 17, 2021.
The Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia (Ministry) and the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (MFEA) are awarding the Croatian Government Scholarships for undergraduate and graduate university study to young Christians from developing countries.
Religious minorities, primarily Christians are one of the vulnerable groups in the world. The Republic of Croatia has recognized this negative trend on a global scale, and within its scope of work in the field of the international development cooperation is committed to respect and protect the rights of religious groups, as the vulnerable groups in developing countries. After completing their studies, the scholarship holders are obliged to return to their home countries. They are expected to contribute to the development of their communities and to building capacities and strengthening resilience at the local level with their knowledge acquired in Croatia upon return to their homelands.
For the 2021/22 academic year, the scholarship is announced for the citizens of the developing countries from the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
- The awarded scholarship includes full board and lodging, a monthly allowance of 1.600 kuna, as well as basic health insurance coverage and costs of one-year preparatory Croatian language course. The student will be placed under supervision of the administrating chief at the dormitory and the Department for international cooperation at the Ministry of Science and Education.
- The cost of travel to and from Croatia is included.
- The grant (monthly financial support) is meant to cover the living expenses for one person and there is no available financing or visa exemption for accompanying family members or any other persons.
- Potential candidates are invited to apply for the Scholarship by submitting their applications via the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Information about the Croatian higher education institutions and programs can be obtained on http://www.studyincroatia.hr/. The complete list of Croatian accredited academic institutions can be found on http://mzos.hr/dbApp/pregled.aspx?appName=ustanove_Z