2021 Commonwealth Small States Youth Climate Policy Boot Camp with the University of Cambridge
Deadline: May 14, 2021.
Together with the University of Cambridge, the Commonwealth Secretariat is hosting a virtual Policy Boot Camp for young people, to support government investment in sustainable youth development across small states.
The Cambridge Policy Boot Camp method was developed by Dr Nazia M Habib, the Research Director of the Resilience and Sustainable Development Programme (RSDP) and a multi-disciplinary team of experts at the University of Cambridge, UK, to help policymakers improve their decision-making process. Methods from decision science, creative design, political economics and systems thinking are combined to help participants identify ways to tackle big policy challenges.
Each boot camp is designed to strengthen the thinking capacity and reasoning of the participants in a short burst of time. This is to help them to endure and appreciate the challenges related to driving policy and systems level change. By bringing together a diverse group of stakeholders in the decision-making process, the policy boot camp is a co-creation forum for improved understanding about how to create solutions.
o apply please ensure you are within the following requirements:
- Aged between 15-35
- Citizen of a Commonwealth country
- Interested in finding better solutions for governments so they can help spend more time, money and energy on improving the lives of youth in Small States
- Keen on learning about the policymaking process and informing real-world policies to support Small States
- Eager to apply systems thinking techniques to tackle complex decision making challenges
- Available for four hours of undivided attention on the date of the Boot Camp
You will join national leaders and policy experts to:
- learn and practice systems thinking techniques while finding real world policy solutions
- learn about systems thinking tools
- be a policy thinker for Small State governments (national leaders will be part of the Bootcamp)
- make connections with experts, people in government and in the private sector, as well as with each other
- meet an exciting team from the University of Cambridge
If you meet the above requirements, please apply here.