2021 ClimateTracker Fossil Fuel Investors Fellowship
Deadline: April 9, 2021.
Join Climatetracker Fossil Fuel Investors Fellowship for the chance to join an international team reporting on some of the biggest coal investments around the world.
In many countries, fossil fuel investors develop projects that face fierce opposition from local groups, who expose the environmental and social risks associated with the ventures. Are the big funders currently assessing those risks and stopping its financing to all coal projects? There is a big gap between public statements/policies and actions taking place on the ground. It begs a lot of questions.
Are you prepared to ask these difficult questions and publish stories surrounding fossil fuel projects? Then you might be the Fellow they are looking for.
- They are looking for young passionate communicators with a zeal to make a big impact by publishing about the biggest fossil fuel projects in their countries.
- Climate writers from Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Turkey, Indonesia, and Kenya.
- As part of the fellowship, you’ll receive fortnightly training and support, as well as a monthly stipend of $150 USD.
- During the 4-month fellowship, you will be expected to produce one powerful piece each month. The story could be a blog, news story, or feature story about a major coal project being funded by ICBC. Ideally, you should be able to include some photography aspects to it, such as pictures or video (but it’s not mandatory)
Before April 9th, submit a 150-200 word story pitch looking at the local impacts of new coal projects being funded by one of the world’s biggest banks, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC).
Head over to their APP, sign up, and submit an open Google Doc including:
1. Your pitch
2. Link to work you’ve published
3. Link to your CV
4. Link to advocacy work you have done before