2021 Climate Tracker Paid Media Mentorship Program for Climate and Environmental Journalists and Media Professionals.
Deadline: December 1, 2020.
The 6 most active and impressive of our fellows will win an award to continue publishing, earning a stipend, and potentially engage in mentorship of an incoming batch of fellows.
The journalism tapestry is changing! Are you prepared to publish your best stories and reach your target audiences? They will show you how!
Ideal candidates will:
- Be 18-35 years old1 year of journalism experience min
- 1 year of journalism experience min
- Have a hunger to improve as journalists – this is a learning experience
- Have a history of writing quality climate stories
- Have proof of ability to take good quality photos
- The online training programme will see 12 young journalists from around the world dive into a paid 3-month mentorship with us!
- As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish 1 climate-related feature story each month on the Climate Tracker website.
- One story per month at $150USD per story, for three months.
- Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout our channels and networks. Their aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce. Exciting, right?!
- All the while, you’ll also be a part of a diverse media mentorship programme, undergoing a range of connected training and collaborations covering social media engagement, data and visual journalism, and podcasting.
- A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.