2021 Charity Entrepreneurship Incubation Program
Deadline: April 15, 2021.
The next two-month Incubation Program will run from 28 June to 27 August 2021. The program will run online, so you can participate fully remotely. Depending on the Covid situation, we may also organize part of the course offline for those who are able to travel to London.
- THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED IDEAS : Each year their research team spends thousands of hours researching potential charity ideas, building on large bodies of research by external organizations. Only the best interventions make it onto their list of top charity ideas.
- INCUBATION PROGRAM: choose participants with the greatest potential to start new, effective charities from our list. They provide them with two months of intensive training (including partner projects, evaluations, creating a funding proposal). The Incubation Program requires a full-time commitment; stipends will be provided to those in need.
- LAUNCH: Co-founders create funding proposals that are evaluated by CE’s board of directors and a network of funders. Successful teams are awarded seed funding, with grants ranging from $20,000 to $100,000. (In 2020, half of participants received seed funding from CE. The remaining half raised funds outside CE, received job offers within the CE network, or pursued other high-impact careers.) CE also provides the teams with operational support in handling legal hurdles during the first year.
- POST-LAUNCH MENTORSHIP: Taking part in the Incubation Program means tapping into a powerful worldwide network of mentors, funders, and skilled workers. CE also provides you with weekly one-on-one mentorship calls (up to 12 months after founding) and co-working space (if pandemic restrictions allow).
Open to young people worldwide
- All costs are covered.
- When the program can be run in person this includes tuition, accommodation, any flights needed, and a modest living stipend.
- When the program must be run online (i.e. due to COVID-19), they provide stipends for those who need financial assistance due to the full-time commitment it requires.
- If you have higher expenses due to special circumstances or dependents, you may qualify for additional financial assistance. Please apply as usual, and if you are accepted into the next round, they will discuss any special arrangements that might be needed.