2021 Call for Nomination: Mawazo Institute Women in Science E-Book for African Women
Deadline: February 5, 2021.
The Mawazo Institute, a non-profit research institute based in Nairobi, Kenya, is seeking nominees for its upcoming E-book profiling African women who are using science to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. They are looking for exceptional female African researchers, practitioners, innovators, educators, tinkerers and makers of all stripes who are helping the public and decision-makers navigate the current crises. This includes women who are working on research into the virus and its vaccines, as well as those engineering policy solutions that help mitigate the socio-economic and political effects of the pandemic, and much more.
They invite eligible women scientists to nominate themselves, and also encourage members of the public to submit nominations on behalf of promising candidates. Ten finalists will be competitively selected from the nominees to be profiled in an E-book celebrating and recognising the impressive contributions of African women to the global scientific enterprise. Through the campaign, they also hope to encourage the uptake of science amongst young girls and women.
Nominees must be:
1. Citizens of an African country
3. Passionate leaders and visionaries within their fields or society at large
- The selected scientists will have their work and profiles featured in a digitalmedia campaign and a commemorative e-publication. The media campaign will run across Mawazo Institute platforms and those of our partner organisations.
- Scientists may also be selected to highlight their work and scientific journey on other Mawazo platforms and events, including the Nairobi Ideas Podcast, and receive compensation for this.
- Nomination forms are available online here. Scientists may nominate themselves or be nominated by others.
- Incomplete nomination forms or nominations that do not adhere to the
requirements specified below will not be considered.
- If you have trouble accessing the form, kindly send an application with the following information to [email protected].
A. Nominee first & last name (required) Nominee email address (required)
B. Nominee social media handles, if any (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn)
Nominee website (if any)
C. Nominee field of profession (required) In 250 words (or less), share one reason why you are nominating this individual for the campaign (required)
D. Answers to the following questions (*required):
Is the nominee of any African citizenship?
Does the nominee currently live in Africa?
Is the nominee above the age of 18?
What is the nominee’s gender?
OFFICIAL LINK: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57d0650220099eacd505d3fc/t/600a98d2f9ab935b4075618e/1611307696229/African_Women_in_Science_+2021+Call+for+Nominations.pdf