2021 Call for Ideas and Award Competition “Active Young Citizens for Sustainable Development
Deadline: March 31, 2021.
Central European Initiative are glad to announce the opening of the Call for Ideas and Award Competition “Active Young Citizens for Sustainable Development in Central European Initiative and Adriatic Ionian Initiative Areas”.
This initiative is designed to stimulate the engagement of youth of CEI and AII areas in the framework of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The overall objective of the initiative is to raise awareness of high school students on UN Agenda 2030 and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals through a learning process and the participation in this Call, aimed at meeting the following objectives:
- Encouraging the understanding of the principles and structure of UN Agenda 2030 and its 17 SDGs;
- Advocating the role of young and active citizens, as key actors for the achievement of the 17 SDGs in CEI and AII areas;
- Stimulating the elaboration of community-based ideas promoting the SDGs through participation in the Call.
Public and private high schools (secondary education institutions) based and registered in CEI and AII Member States: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy,
Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Republic of San Marino, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia,
- Awards of 20.000 EUR (twenty thousand Euros) each will be assigned to the three best ideas.
- The awards will be transferred to the winning high schools and are intended as a recognition of the merit of the idea.
- They can be utilised either for implementing the idea or for other institutional purposes of the school, contributing to the UNA2030 and its SDGs
Applicants need to carefully observe the criteria and obligations set by this Call before submitting their proposals.