2021 British Council Science Journalism Training Programme for Egyptians
Deadline: April 25, 2021.
The ‘Science journalism training programme’ is an opportunity for Egyptian science journalists working in press or different media outlets, to provide them with the skills and knowledge needed to create science content which is both informative and entertaining to their readers and audiences.
The British Council Egypt will organise an online training programme in science journalism in June 2021, within its vision of building capacities in science media and communication in Egypt.
• Journalists / data and media / data workers ports media Egypt (full or part – time, independent)
• experience ranging from 2 to 7 years in the press or media work
• Proficiency in Arabic language and good knowledge of English
• Attention to cover scientific topics and writing about science
- The training aims to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills about scientific journalism through a series of online workshops.
- The workshops deal with a number of basic topics on covering scientific topics and writing about science, such as finding scientific stories, submitting proposals to editors, conducting interviews with scientists and researchers, and writing attractive scientific stories.
- The training program provides an opportunity for participants to produce scientific stories by providing support and guidance from specialists in scientific journalism.
For full details on this training opportunity, check the ‘Science journalism training guidelines’ document at the bottom of the page. Next, apply by filling the online application (the application form is in Arabic).
If you have any enquires, please email them to [email protected]