2021 Arab Women Leaders in Agriculture (AWLA) Fellowship
Deadline: April 15, 2021.
In collaboration with the Islamic Development Bank, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and CGIAR Research Program on Wheat, AWLA by ICBA represents the first research and leadership development fellowship specific to agricultural research. The program is designed to gather women researchers from different countries to drive together positive change towards agriculture prosperity, while addressing the challenges they face in their careers’ progress.
AWLA invites Arab women researchers and women affiliated with research and development in agriculture, food security and nutrition in the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Arab women researchers from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia,
- Available to travel and in possession of a passport valid at least 6 months beyond December 2020,
- Passionate about innovation and R&D in agriculture, food security and nutrition,
- Commitment to making positive change in their local communities and beyond, preferably with a good track record in research and development work,
- Respect for diversity,
- Personal motivation, initiative, and ability to work in teams,
- Strong academic record, holders of master’s and/or Ph.D. degrees,
- In their mid-career; preferably more than 10 years of professional experience,
- English language proficiency; to understand and participate in all aspects of the fellowship.
- Boost your skills and knowledge through various channels of structured and applied learning: spot-on leadership and research and development training, coaching and mentoring to guide your career development and learning.
- Work on team-based capstone projects to initiate collaborative solutions for driving positive change in agriculture.
- Access information and tools needed to acquire funding for applied research projects.
- Experience different cultures through learning to work with others across boundaries of place and culture.
- Expand your knowledge on relevant research and development topics in different parts of the MENA region.
- Raise awareness about organizational gender dynamics, shift attitudes around gender perceptions and take part in the transformation of a gender responsive culture and inclusive and enabling environment.
- Join in the establishment of the first regional R&D forum to address the region’s pressing challenges in R&D, and the first network platform of Arab Women Researchers within and across disciplines.