2021 APAICS Congressional Fellowship for Professionals
Deadline: January 31, 2021.
The APAICS Congressional Fellowship is designed for young AAPI professionals looking to increase their experience in public policy and service. The full-time, paid, 9-month program, places fellows in congressional offices to gain policy experience serving as part of the legislative team. The program provides fellows with opportunities to build their leadership skills, encourages political engagement, and fosters interest in a public service career.
1) General Congressional Fellowship: For applicants wishing to gain congressional work experience on a range of legislative issues. General congressional fellows work with their placement offices to establish a legislative issue portfolio responsive to the applicant’s interest/experience and the office’s needs.
2) Comcast Tech & Telecom Fellowship: For applicants with a specific interest in pursuing tech and telecom policy while in Congress and in their future pursuits. The Tech & Telecom Fellow’s responsibilities may include other legislative issue areas and is not solely restricted to this issue-area track. We encourage any applicant with experience or an interest in increasing their experience in tech & telecom issues to apply for this track.
- Have completed their undergraduate or graduate degree and/or have at least five years of public service experience prior to the program start date.
- Be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or individuals who are legally authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
- Note: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application that is valid throughout the program.
- Family members of the APAICS Board of Directors or National Advisory Council are prohibited from participating in any APAICS programs.
APAICS Congressional Fellows Receive:
- Professional work experience in Washington, DC
- A grant of $27,000 for the duration of the nine-month Fellowship (equivalent to a $36,000 annual salary)
- Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, D.C.
- Professional Development Funds
- Health insurance reimbursement up to $200 a month
- Professional development program, networking, access to APAICS alumni network, and more