2021 Alexander von Humboldt Foundation German Chancellor Fellowship
Deadline: October 15, 2021.
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are searching the leaders of tomorrow. Are you a graduate with initial leadership experience? Do you come from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa or the USA? Would you like to implement a self-chosen project that supports your career development, is societally relevant and has a lasting public impact? Are you interested in actively participating in an international network of dedicated leaders?
They invite you to apply if you
- hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
- work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago when you start your fellowship
- want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- have good knowledge of English and/or German
They offer you
- a monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 euros, 2,470 euros or 2,770 euros – depending on your training and career level
- an intensive language course before you begin your fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- individual support during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course
- joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society,
- networking activities that enable you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows,
- a two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
Please submit the necessary application documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online only.
- letter of motivation: Tell us what drives you, what leadership experience you already have and what your career goals are
- project plan: Outline the project you have developed yourself and agreed with your intended host prior to applying. Why is your project of societal significance, and how will you be able to build bridges between Germany and your home country in the future?
- extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany
- two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background