2021 Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation Georg Forster Research Fellowship for Researchers
Deadline: June 30, 2021.
Attention, researchers from developing and transition countries! The Georg Forster Research Fellowship supports you – postdoctoral and experienced researchers – with your research in Germany. Through the Georg Forster Research Fellowship, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation sponsors researchers with above-average qualifications and from all fields. These researches must come from developing and transition countries – excluding PR China and India
- You must have lived and worked in a developing or transition country for at least 12 months within the last 18 months (excluding PR China and India). If you are not living in a country from the list of countries at the time of application, you must additionally have at least a permanent job in one of the countries on the list.
- If you obtained your university entrance qualification and university degree or your university degree and your doctorate in Germany, you can apply if you have lived and worked in one of the developing or transition countries from the list for at least five years and you intend to do so long-term.
- A researcher from an academic institution of your choice in Germany will provide you with a mentoring agreement and written confirmation that research facilities are available, and will compile a detailed review for you.
- You can provide two expert reviews.
Postdocs: Your doctoral supervisor and one other researcher – outside of your institute, if possible – should provide well-grounded information on your qualifications.
Experienced researchers: The reviews should be provided by important collaborative partners and/or researchers at your own institute as well as other institutes – outside your country of origin, if possible.
- The Georg Forster Research Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers enables you to conduct research in Germany. The monthly fellowship amount is €2,670. Fellowships may last from 6 to 24 months.
- The Georg Forster Research Fellowship for experienced researchers enables you to conduct research in Germany. The monthly fellowship amount is €3,170. Fellowships may last from 6 to 18 months and can be divided into up to three stays within three years.
- Further financial support, including family benefits for children and marital partners, subsidies for private full health insurance and allowances for travel expenses, is also available
Please note that you may only submit your application once you have uploaded the following documents to the application form:
- curriculum vitae (two pages max)
- research outline (five pages max)
- complete list of your publications
- list of key publications (cf. sample list, PDF)
- key publications
- doctoral certificate or proof that your doctorate has been completed successfully, or confirmation that this will be the case within the next six months
- German language certificate, if required
- if required: acceptance form and/or publisher’s acknowledgement of receipt and summaries/translations of key publications that are not available in English
- In addition: host’s statement and confirmation that research facilities are available, as well as two expert reviews. Please note that these documents can only be uploaded in a protected area by the host(s) and expert reviewers personally. You can only submit your application once these documents have been uploaded. Further information and explanations can be found on the application form.
As soon as they have received your online application, they will send you written confirmation by email. After reviewing your documents, they will notify you of the expected selection date.