2021 African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) Internship for South Africans
Deadline: February 28, 2021.
The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) in collaboration with the UNESCO Flemish Commission seeks an intern for a period of six months. The intern will be based in Midrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, however with the current status of the Coronavirus (Covid – 19) pandemic, the internship will be carried out virtually until further notice.
- Assist with promoting and increasing the visibility of AWHF through social media, the website and other communication mechanisms.
- Assist with writing of press releases, brochures, newsletters, fundraising
proposals and concept notes.
- Assist with the research of donors from the corporate sector, trusts and
foundations, diaspora and other avenues.
- Assist with other tasks as required
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS (QUALIFICATIONS):
• A degree in Social Science, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
• Knowledge in Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Business Ethics and/or Sustainability Labelling Systems and/or Stakeholder management and/or Company foundations.
• Excellent communication skills in English. French would be a great advantage.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNSHIP:
• Applicants who have finalized a Bachelor, Master or equivalent degree at a Flemish university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment.
• Applicants who are fluent in at least one of the working languages of the office of assignment.
To submit a letter of interest and CV.