2021 AFD for Inclusive and Digital Business in Africa (AFIDBA) Program for African Entrepreneurs
Deadline: February 5, 2021.
AFIDBA is a support program dedicated to inclusive businesses in acceleration phase and active in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Morocco or Senegal. By inclusive we mean integrating into their model vulnerable populations with very low income, with little or no access to essential goods & services.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be of legal age (18 or over) on the date of the launch of the call for candidates
- Be a citizen of an African country or integrate at least one citizen of an African country into the founding team (with decision-making power over the strategies and operations of the company, as well as a substantial share of share capital)
- Carry out an active project in one of the four countries of intervention (at least), namely, Senegal, Morocco, Burkina Faso or Ghana
- Be available (founder and his team) and physically present in the country (or digitally in case of confinement measures taken in the country) to regularly follow the entire acceleration program
- Be the bearer of an inclusive project, as defined in article 1.
- The shortlisted projects will then be further evaluated during a Bootcamp which will be held physically or digitally (in case of confinement measures).
- At the end of the five (5) weeks of Bootcamp, the Incubators
will organize an oral selection committee made up of AFIDBA and external partners.
- Applicants must present their project in the form of a pitch to select the profiles most suited to the program. The degree of development of the entrepreneur between the start and the end of the bootcamp is one of the selection criteria of this oral selection committee.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://afidba.com/en/call-for-applications/