2021 ACU Head Commonwealth Scholarships Recruitment
Deadline: May 20, 2021.
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
They believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them – they help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives. They champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.
- Oversee and manage the work of the Commonwealth Commission and CSC scholarship programme. This will include liaison and partnership with the Commission and relevant HMG teams in the delivery of the programme
- Agreeing Service Level agreements with Directors R&I, Finance, Communications and Scholarships for shared service provision across CSC. This will include MEL, Policy Impact analysis, engagement strategy, marketing and recruitment, scholar welfare and business development.
- Support the Director of Scholarships to implement the scholarship strategy for CSC, shared services and leadership of the CSC team.
- Working with finance to ensure accurate, timely and responsive financial reporting against contract budget, and ensure accurate forecasting of programme spend.
- Oversight of contract delivery and performance KPIs, ensuring the successful delivery of all KPIs and metrics in line with the MOU and menu of services as well as Business and Corporate Plans.
- Oversee the work and development of the QECS and CSFP scholarship scheme, working with the Manager, QECS.
- Leading stakeholder engagement in partnership with the Director of Scholarships. This includes relationship management of Commissioners, FCDO and other partners. This includes attending all governance meetings as required by the scheme.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of UK and overseas government policies that may impact on the delivery of CSC across the network, and implement administrative enhancements as required.
- Represent CSC and the ACU at key events as required.
A. Leadership/ Team Management
• Strong track record of managing and building the capacity of International Educational schemes and programmes.
• Experience of leading, empowering, and motivating teams to promote a high-performance culture.
• Strategic thinker, with extensive experience of project management, business development, client relationship
B. management, financial management, including KPIs and meeting SLAs.
• Understands change management and can implement change through people and teams.
• Ability to champion a shared culture working across teams and integrated shared services. Scholarships and
C. International Exchange/Experience and Knowledge
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
• Strong knowledge and experience of the Higher Education sector especially in relation to international exchange, scholarship programmes and student mobility
• Knowledge and experience of higher education, international development, SDGs and the Commonwealth
• Knowledge of UK foreign policy objectives Communication
• Track record of effective external relationship management including presentation to clients/partners, networking,
D. international working, and conferences.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills, including an ability to present complex ideas and information in a clear, succinct, and persuasive manner and make effective presentations.
• Outstanding skills at communicating data including visually ensuring information is easily
understood by non-experts.
E. Project Management
• Significant project management experience at a senior level IT
• Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in relevant IT/ software, e.g. Excel, Word
F. Financial Management
• Proven financial skills, with knowledge and experience of budget development, financial
monitoring, and reporting.
- Benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
- Salary range £48,479 – £57,186