2021 ACU Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort for Climate and Environment Researchers
Deadline: February 10, 2021.
The Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort is for passionate climate and environment researchers seeking to enhance their leadership and knowledge exchange skills. This unique Cohort will work together, and with experts from across the Commonwealth, to identify opportunities to engage and influence on issues of climate and environment in the lead up to COP26.
Through providing training, access to networks and COP26 travel funding, the ACU and the British Council are working in partnership to support 24 rising stars in climate and environment research who are working towards solutions for climate-vulnerable regions across the Commonwealth.
Applicants will need to meet the following criteria in order to join the Cohort:
- Based at an ACU member university (see here for a list of ACU members)
- Have a letter signed by their head of department, supervisor, or other senior member of staff supporting their participation in this project between March-November 2021
- Applicants must be a resident of an ODA-eligible Commonwealth small state, or resident of another Commonwealth country with a research focus applicable to an ODA-eligible Commonwealth small state (click here for a list of eligible countries)
- Hold a PhD at the time of application
- Be a post-doctoral researcher with no more than eight years of post-doctoral research experience working in the broad field of climate and environment research, who is in a funded research role until at least December 2021
- Enrolled on a PhD at the time of application
- Have demonstrable and significant experience in research and leadership in the broad field of climate and environment research, and be in a funded research role until at least December 2021
Throughout 2021, successful applicants will benefit from:
- Funded attendance at COP26 in Glasgow, UK (travel restriction dependent)
- Leadership training with a cohort of peers through virtual, expert-led workshops
- Skills development for knowledge exchange and policy influence
- The opportunity to conduct a peer-led research-to-action project with seed funding
- Access to mentorship from an international network of climate and environment researchers through the ACU’s Commonwealth Climate Resilience Network
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.acu.ac.uk/get-involved/commonwealth-futures-climate-research-cohort/