2021-22 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
Deadline: February 28, 2021.
Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM; and
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form; and
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2021-22 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
Three scholarships are available for the 2021-22 academic year. Each scholarship will cover:
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00.
Submit an application for 2021-22 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting ‘2021-22 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders’ option from the drop-down menu. A completed supplementary questions form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).