2020 Zurich – One Young World Scholarship to Attend OYW Summit in Germany
Deadline: July 17, 2020.
At Zurich Insurance, we aspire to become one of the most sustainable companies in the world. We strive to create positive and sustainable change as an insurer, an investor and as an employer. Through our Z Zurich Foundation, we also look to empower vulnerable people within our communities to better protect themselves from risk, and to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. NEXT is a grassroots movement within Zurich Insurance that advocates for the voices of the next generation of leaders to be heard by promoting intergenerational dialogue, partnering with other corporations and finding ways to do good while doing well. NEXT is made up of intrapreneurs from across the Zurich Group, who attend the One Young World Summit alongside external scholars.
They focus on innovating in three areas: Mitigating the impacts of climate change, tackling the world’s increasing physical and mental health challenges, and striving to increase both social and financial inclusion. Their aim is to transform the lives of 1m people by 2024, and positively impact the lives of 10m more.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, they’re proud to support the Zurich One Young World Scholarship 2020 which will enable 12 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany on 23 – 26 April 2021.
This is your chance to become one of these scholars!
This scholarship is intended for 12 inspirational young leaders who share Zurich’s vision for a more sustainable world. You should apply for this scholarship if:
- You are a young leader working in the fields of climate change, wellbeing or inclusion.
- You have demonstrated commitment to shaping a more fair, more equal society in which everyone can succeed.
- Applications from every country are welcomed
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a shared room between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class), the carbon emissions of which will be doubly offset by the Z Zurich. Foundation through an accredited scheme in Myanmar.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit).
- Ground transportation between Summit venues.
- Access to additional programming offered by Zurich;
- Participation in Zurich-led sessions in the lead-up to, during, and after the Summit.
- A Zurich buddy from NEXT.
- A personal development workshop held at Zurich Insurance’s headquarters in Switzerland. All costs relating to these sessions are covered by Zurich.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.oneyoungworld.com/zurich-one-young-world-scholarship