2020 Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships for Early Career Researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America
Deadline: February 28, 2020.
The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university.
- You originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance),
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
- A stipend of 1.200€/ month for doctoral students and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support);
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can extend their affiliation with a digital fellowship for additional 6 months.
Please submit your application documents in English via our Online application portal. The reference number is 2019/336. Applications should include:
- Motivation letter (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, an explanation how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university as well as a precise time plan for your stay)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates (doctoral certificate or a letter of your supervisor commenting on the progress of your doctoral thesis)
- Reference letter from your home university will strengthen the application.