2020 Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program for Egyptian National
Deadline: October 15, 2020.
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully funded, full time program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA. The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights.
- Egyptian national
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
- Demonstrate inability to finance studies from own resources
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 for the IELTS
- MDP accepted Graduate Record Examination score (GRE). No specific score is required, however, Fall 2015 admitted students tested within average GRE Verbal Percentile: 68th and average GRE Quantitative Reasoning Percentile: 54th
The scholarship covers university fees, health insurance, educational materials, living allowance and travel expenses.
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in 2 academic years
- Completion of a 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than 2 consecutive years
Interested candidates must submit two separate applications to the Sawiris Foundation and to the Humphrey School by their respective deadlines:
1. Scholarship application to be submitted to Newton Education Services, on behalf of SFSD. For information about how to apply for the scholarship program, please click HERE
2. Academic application to be submitted to the Humphrey School. For information about the Humphrey application package please click HERE
* The school code for the University of Minnesota is RA 6874.
OFFICIAL LINK: http://sawirisfoundation.org/work/the-yousriya-loza-sawiris-scholarship-program/