2020 YGAP Accelerator Program for South Africa Entrepreneurs
Deadline: February 29, 2020.
The accelerator programs aim to back impact entrepreneurs – or as we like to call them ‘local leaders’ –who have solutions to local problems in some of the world’s toughest communities.
Rather than imposing our perceived solutions on a foreign community, we support these local leaders who live there and have developed their own. Meaning our role is simply help refine and scale their solutions.
1. Entrepreneur: They believe the best solutions to poverty are entrepreneurial, so we focus on early stage ventures that exist to improve access to education or healthcare, create jobs or build safer homes.
2. Local: You’re a local of the area who intimately understands the problems that you are trying to solve.
3. Early Stage: You will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. You will typically have less than 10 customers or clients and have been in operation less than two years.
4. Ventures that are improving lives: At the end of the day, they exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty. If you believe your venture is improving the lives of people living in poverty, we encourage you to apply.
5. If you’re a founder of an early stage venture aimed at improving the lives of people living in tough conditions , we want to hear from you! If you don’t hit all of these criteria perfectly, we still encourage you to apply as you may still be considered
1. The startups they select go through a one week live-in accelerator where their business models are strengthened and they are equipped with the tools they need to turn their startups into viable ventures.
2. After the accelerator they provide strategy and business mentorship, marketing support, legal and accounting help and access to small grants.
3. The most impactful ygap entrepreneurs will move into growth, where they access larger support and funding to grow their ventures.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://ygap.org/southafrica/