2020 WorldFish Participatory Research & Strategy Development Internship
Deadline: January 15, 2020.
WorldFish is seeking a dynamic intern to assist in the development of our future visioning of 2030 Research Strategy under the five research impact areas (nutrition & food security; poverty reduction, livelihood & jobs; gender equality, youth & social inclusion; climate adaptation & greenhouse gas reduction; environmental health & biodiversity) through participatory research and stakeholder dialogue. The internship will be part of the management strategy initiative to create an inclusive research strategy leveraging on lessons learnt from partners across our global offices, and designing a research agenda inclusive of diverse perspectives and priorities across scale and contexts. The intern will directly contribute to the WorldFish 2030 Research Strategy, and assist in engaging with diverse partners in a participatory qualitatiive and quantitative research approach to form our strategy with our diverse stakeholders.
- Assist in the research design of participatory stakeholder interviews across global offices.
- Develop research protocols and assist in training of interviewers.
- Coordinate interviews and evaluate quality.
- Support stakeholder communication and management.
- Analyse interviews through qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Support and coordinate to transcribe interviews in different languages.
- Compile a report of research findings.
- Support the development of the WorldFish Research Framework and Strategy 2030.
- The candidate either will have obtained or currently be working towards a Master of Science in fisheries and aquaculture, sustainable development, social sciences, statistics or any related field.
- Understanding of fisheries and aquaculture, food systems, sustainable development, climate change and participatory research.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods including participatory processes, survey design, conducting interviews, analyses (incl. qualitative coding and quantitative) and report writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, professional approach to working with diverse stakeholders, and ability to work effectively independently and deliver to tight timescales.
- Field work and conducting interview with diverse stakeholders advantageous.
- This position is an excellent opportunity to gain information and experience with an international research organization.
- The intern will also get the chance to interact and collaborate with staff from global offices and partners.
- A monthly stipend of up to maximum USD 1,000 and airfare (one economy round-trip, most direct connection) will be provided.
- Health insurance will be provided.
- A cover letter stating why you are interested in and well-suited to the position. Your cover letter should also demonstrate what you hope to gain from this internship.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.