2020 World Heart Federation Emerging Leaders Programme
Deadline: February 16, 2020.
The World Heart Federation aims to reach as many potential candidates as possible on a global basis. Candidates from academia, civil society, healthcare and the private sector are all encouraged to apply. Candidates may be affiliated with a member organization of the World Heart Federation, but this is not mandatory. All Emerging Leaders participants will be required to participate in online training, a five-day think tank seminar from 20-25 September 2020 in Lisbon, Portugal, and collaborative group work based on proposals developed during the seminar with seed funding support from WHF from meritorious applications.
- Candidates must be able to communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Emerging leaders will generally be considered to be early- to mid-career applicants who have completed their training by June 2020. Applicants who have not completed their terminal training are not eligible.
- Demonstration of leadership abilities and skills, either through positions of leadership or examples of leadership during recent or current projects.
- Demonstration of written communication abilities and skills through a recently published manuscript or another scholarly article.
- Demonstration of productivity relevant to the applicant’s particular field as demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications, grants awarded, projects led and completed, or other field-specific metrics of productivity.
- Demonstration of creativity or potential for development, implementation, or dissemination of disruptive innovations that have previously demonstrated rapid uptake and implementation given improvements in outcomes, costs, or both.
- Conducive home eco-system, including local mentor and supportive local institution.
- Career goals aligned with focus area, namely evidence-based treatment and prevention, health system strengthening, implementation science, and knowledge transfer related to CVD.
- Demonstration of prior or current collaboration with or work in local, regional, or national governments/ministries of health or with health promotion agencies/NGOs preferred.
- Experience of translating knowledge into action in the field of CVD is an advantage.
- To submit your application, please click here