2020 World Engineering Day For Sustainable Development Competition for Young Engineers around the World
Deadline: February 14, 2020.
The World Federation of Engineering Organizations and its Committee on Young Engineers / Future Leaders are proud to host a competition for the best ideas and projects from young engineers around the world, who are progressing the UN Sustainable Development Goals through engineering.
They welcome high-quality proposals that address one or several of the following 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The abstract (in English) should be up to 300 words describing a project or an idea. The article must cover one or several of the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Young engineers, below 35 years on 31 December 2020, are invited to submit a brief description (maximum 300 words) of their ideas or projects that they are currently working on and which will achieve sustainable development.
1. Authors of the best proposals will be invited to pitch their idea at the celebrations of World Engineering’ Day at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris on 4 March 2020. Up to 3 authors will be selected.
2. The authors of the best submission that address the various Sustainable Development Goals (up to a total of 17) will be invited to submit an article (in English) of up to 1000 words along with up to four high-resolution images and a brief biography and photograph of the author.
3. These articles will be published in a booklet, which will be released during the United Nations Science Technology and Innovation Forum in New York in May 2020.
The articles will be judged on the following criteria:
- Impact of the project on achieving one or more of the targets underlying the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- The role of the author, who should be below 35 years on 31 December 2020, in the project. Engineers who have made significant contributions through innovative ideas and/or leadership will be very well regarded.
- The level of innovation in addressing the underlying problem and how a solution has been developed.
- The quality of the presentation and the communication of the important and relevant issues of the project in terms of language, illustrations, and photographs.
OFFICIAL LINK: http://worldengineeringday.net/young-eng2020/