2020 World Bank/IFC Communications Officer – Creative Writer Recruitment
Deadline: December 26, 2019.
IFC’s Partnerships, Communications and Outreach Vice Presidency manages multilateral engagement and communications—both internal and external—across IFC. The Vice Presidency is responsible for content creation, branding, reputational risk management, relationships with shareholders in Western Europe and Japan, fundraising, and multilateral engagement.
The Campaigns and Content is one of five teams that sit at the apex of IFC’s Partnerships, Communication, and Outreach Vice Presidency (VPU). The campaigns and content team creates and manages proactive high-quality campaigns that communicate the institution’s most strategic priorities. The campaigns and content team embraces strategic risk-taking, experiments with innovative communications techniques, and uses an array of written, visual, audio, and digital storytelling—including feature stories and digital stories, video, photography, audio stories, storytellers, social media, infographics, influencer engagements, and partnerships.
The Campaigns and Content team is looking for a Communications Officer to lead, coordinate and contribute to the campaign’s and content storytelling.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the desired candidate include:
- Work with the campaigns and content manager and deputy to identify stories, envision, write, and edit feature stories, social media packages and other content for the content produced by the campaigns and content team.
- Coordinate the production of high-quality and innovative writing, engaging regional and industry teams, taking informed risks. This includes coordinating writers and editors that the team works with, as well as working across the Campaigns and Content team to contribute to multimedia packages.
- Identify untold stories, both internally and externally, and report on them in a compelling and creative ways.
- Research and recommend innovative channels as well as strategic partnerships/influencers to amplify campaigns.
1. Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism with 5 or more years’ experience in journalism, print and visual storytelling, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Excellent writing and editing skills in English (knowledge of French is an asset), as well as experience working as a writer, or with feature writing as a core part of previous jobs and assignments.
3. Takes informed risk, creatively challenging the status quoIs used to working under pressure and independently and relish the challenge of managing several projects simultaneously.Innovative, creative and self-motivated.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment.
5. Experience in working in development and in emerging markets is preferred.
6. Have experience in leading and managing complex, cross organizational projects.Sound judgment and ability to make sound decisions on reputational risk issues.WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making.Local
7. The selected candidate will spend three months in Cairo and three months in Washington DC before moving to Nairobi.