2020 Urban Public Policy Non-Resident Fellowship for Citizens from Germany and United State
Deadline: July 14, 2020.
New Urban Progress is revitalizing transatlantic relations by sharing best practices on how urban areas can be innovative, networked, and fair. To do so, New Urban Progress (NUP) is looking for ten citizens from Germany and ten from the United States to be part of this transatlantic dialogue.
They are looking for a diverse group of Project Fellows who meet the following criteria:
- You are a researcher, journalist, academic, practitioner, a community organizer, start-up founder, metro-level problem solver or work in city administration
- You are a leader of tomorrow in local civic engagement and/or public policy
- You are a citizen of the United States or Germany under the age of 40
- You can commit to a two-year Fellowship that will include virtual work and road trips through the United States and Germany to visit and engage with innovative urban areas
- You have excellent command of the English language as well as strong communication skills, both written and oral
There is no financial compensation for the Project Fellows. However, New Urban Progress provides an excellent platform to showcase your work as a Fellow as well as integrates you in a large transnational network of actors in the field of urban public policy. Additionally, the week-long delegation trips through the United States and Germany in 2021 will be covered financially by New Urban Progress.