2020 University of Ghana UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for Ghanians
Deadline: September 30, 2020.
The University of Ghana Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting applications for the award of the 2020/2021 UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for both undergraduate and graduate students in relevant academic fields who are exceptionally brilliant but with dire financial needs.
In order to qualify and/or be eligible to apply to the University of Ghana-Tullow (UG-Tullow) Scholarship, a student must meet the following
- Be a Ghanaian citizen (indigenes from the Western Region are particularly encouraged to apply).
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Obtained a WASSCE aggregate of 19 or better or a continuing student with CGPA of 3.0 and above.
- Be of a good conduct (i.e. not have any past or pending disciplinary action taken against them).
- Awardees should be in good academic standing (i.e., to be in good academic standing, awardees would have to maintain a CGPA of at
- meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for a full-time regular undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Students intending to study the following Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programmes listed below are
especially encouraged to apply.
1. The UG-Tullow award is a full scholarship which covers tuition, stipend/subsistence/health insurance, modest subsidy for equipment (Laptop computer)
2. Accommodation for students pursuing 4 years undergraduate programmes and 1 year master’s programmes (but in exceptional circumstances may also include 2 years M.Phil programmes).
3. The award recipients are expected to maintain excellent academic standards of at least a B average or 3.0 CGPA in order to be in good standing to keep the Scholarship.
1. Applications for the UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme must be submitted online at: [email protected]
2. Remember to attach the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades for undergraduate and academic transcripts for
graduate applicants) letters of recommendation and supporting financial need documents.
3. Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at University of Ghana: https://admission.ug.edu.gh