2020 United States Department of State / Cultural Vistas Young Pacific Leaders Conference
Deadline: February 3, 2020.
The United States Department of State, in partnership with Cultural Vistas, is now accepting applications from emerging leaders across the Pacific to attend the Young Pacific Leaders (YPL) Conference in Papua New Guinea in April.
The seventh Young Pacific Leaders Conference in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, will enhance Pacific leaders’, ages 25-35, leadership skills and regional knowledge to advance the economic vibrancy and civic engagement within the region. The YPL Conference will include informational sessions, skills workshops, cultural activities, and site visits to deepen participants’ capacity to address regional issues related to YPL’s four programmatic themes: Education; Environment and Resource Management; Civic Leadership; and Economic and Social Development.
- Applicants must be between 25-35 years old at the time of the Young Pacific Leaders (YPL) Conference.
- Applicants must be a citizen and current resident of one of the YPL countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. The YPL Conference will be held entirely in English.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years of work experience.
- Applicants must be able to travel to Papua New Guinea and attend the 2020 YPL Conference in its entirety. The YPL Program will cover all travel, accommodation and meals for selected recipients. The YPL Program will only arrange participants to travel from YPL-eligible countries to the Conference. If you currently reside outside of the region, you will be responsible for arranging your own travel to a YPL country for Conference travel to Papua New Guinea.
- Applicant must be from Australia, the Cook Islands, Fiji, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Islands of French Polynesia, Kiribati, the Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, and the American-affiliated Pacific including American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and Hawaii.
- All travel, lodging, and meals will be provided to selected participants and alumni.
- At the conclusion of the YPL Conference, all YPL alumni will be eligible to compete for small grant funding to support projects in their countries and the region. In addition, conference participants and the larger YPL community will participate in YPL LEADS throughout the month of May, a month-long event highlighting the YPL program through service-related activities in their communities.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://culturalvistas.org/articles/press-releases/2020-young-pacific-leaders-conference-now-accepting-applications/?fbclid=IwAR2jnmXuf0E1TL4AJdtjoLR01OubtBt_UnrpWFroPaBvi82WKYdpYQQ8eNY