2020 United Nations Information Service’s Graduate Study Programme
Deadline: March 2, 2020.
The United Nations Information Service’s Graduate Study Programme provides an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the United Nations System and the International Geneva through first-hand observations, lectures and study. The Graduate Study Programme is held at the United Nations Office at Geneva in early July every year.
This seminar, as part of the educational outreach programmes undertaken by the United Nations, provides an opportunity for outstanding graduate and postgraduate students from all over the world to deepen their understanding of the principles, purposes and activities of the United Nations, its related agencies and the International Geneva as a whole.
The 58th Graduate Study Programme will be held at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland from Monday, 29 June to Friday, 10 July 2020. It will comprise lectures given by senior members of the United Nations and other Geneva-based organizations, visits to institutions, and daily work in working groups under the guidance of expert moderators.
1. Most sessions will be held in English, therefore absolute fluency in English is essential.
2. As several sessions will be held in French, solid working knowledge of French is also needed.
3. Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
The Selection Committee is guided by the following criteria:
• Academic background
• Extracurricular activities
• Geographical balance
• Gender balance
• Knowledge of the two working languages of the Programme (English and French)
• Usefulness of the Programme for the career of the applicant