2020 UNESCO/ APCEIU 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education)
Deadline: March 17, 2020.
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 25 to 31 May 2020.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED, human rights, and peace building through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will also make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
1. The Workshop is strictly opened to youths between 19 and 28 years of age (born between 1992 and 2001).
2. The Workshop only provides opportunities to youths who are citizens of both the ODA recipient countries and the UNESCO member states
3. The Youth Leadership Workshop is taught in English so applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English
1. APCEIU will provide accommodation, meals, and local transportation for all participants during the workshop.
2. APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea.
3. However, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.