2020 UNDP Nigeria Project Assistant Recruitment
Deadline: January 31, 2020.
For reintegration to be successful it needs to go hand-in-hand with community-level reconciliation to promote an increased understanding for and acceptance of low-risk former associates and victims. Though community engagement is a gradual trust-building process, done in the right way, however, it can support the creation of a common vision for the future and lay foundations for reconciliation and reintegration interventions.
The UNDP/UNICEF/IOM “Support for Reconciliation and Reintegration of Former Armed Non-State combatants and Boko Haram Associates (S2R) project is funded by EU and aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. To reduced rejection and stigmatization of Former Associates
2. To increase community healing and reconciliation and decrease sense of injustice
3. To increase sustainable alternatives to violence and social cohesion
4. To disarm and demobilize non-state security providers
5. To strengthen trust between citizens and Government. At present, UNDP wants to recruit a Project Assistant to carry out support functions for the project.. The Project Assistant will be recruited by UNDP and will be reporting directly to the UNDP Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Officer of the project.
Under the direct supervision of the Reconciliation and Social Cohesion Officer and in close collaboration with the S2R Project Team in the CO and Sub-Office, the Project Assistasnt will perform the following funcations:
- Providing daily support on timely execution of project approved work plans;
- Assisting in monitoring the progress throughout the programme;
- Assisting the project manager in coordinating the exchange of information among the programme partners;
- Providing required support in organizing/conducting programme activities;
- Provision of administrative services to meetings, seminars, workshops;
- Efficient travel arrangements provided for the team as required, ensuring proper use of UNDP resources and client satisfaction;
- Supporting other programme-related activities as required by the programme management.
- Undertake and support project implementation and procurement activities according to UNDP workflows including contracting consultants, institutional contracts and organization of workshops and travel, etc;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on budget check errors, match exceptions, as well as cost-sharing deficit and PDR errors;
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, registration of goods receipt in Atlas;
- Undertake budget checks for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
Education and Certificate:
- Secondary Education or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and/or Social Sciences or related field is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 3-5 years for Secondary School, or 1 year for a Bachelor’s degree holder, of work experiences in or administrative work and/or logistics support;
- Excellent organizational skill, service-mind, punctual, self-motivated, and proactive; experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Experience in computer and MS Office package, particularly proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of UNDP procurement and financial rules and regulation is preferable;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS (UNDP ERP system) is an added advantage.
- Experience with the UN System and UNDP desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. The ability to communicate effectively in Kanuri, Hausa, or any other local language spoken in the NE region is an asset.