2020 UN Environment Young Champions of the Earth Prize for Young Environmentalist
Deadline: April 10, 2020.
In 2020, seven young people – selected from every global region – will be named Young Champions of the Earth. These winners receive seed funding, intensive training and tailored mentoring to bring their big environmental ideas to life. We’re looking for artists, scientists, economists, communicators and entrepreneurs from all walks of life who have big, bold ideas – for the environment, for humanity, for a greener future.
1. A change-maker, rain-maker, ground-breaker
2. See opportunity where others see crisis
3. Want to change the world? Young Champions of the Earth aims to celebrate and support individuals
4. Aged between 18 and 30 who have outstanding potential to create a positive environmental impact.
In 2020, seven Young Champions of the Earth will be selected from each global region: Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, West Asia and two from Asia and the Pacific. Each winner will receive:
- US$15,000 in seed funding
- US$9,000 to communicate and capture your idea and document and broadcast the stories of hope and change that you’re catalyzing on the ground
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth award ceremony
- Publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media
- Access to a community of experts offering insights and mentoring
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program
The 2020 Young Champions of the Earth will be required to share their journeys through videos and blogs on this website for up to one year.
If you have a bright vision for the future of our planet, you can become a Young Champion of the Earth!