2020 U.S. Embassy in Algiers Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program
Deadline: April 16, 2020.
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) provides outstanding secondary school teachers of English, social studies, math, science, and special education with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills and increase their knowledge about the United States.
Teachers come to the United States from all world regions for a six-week academic program at a U.S. university graduate school of education, including intensive training in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, teaching strategies for their home environment, teacher leadership, and the use of instructional technologies. The program also includes field experience at a secondary school to engage participants with American teachers and students.
All applicants must:
- Be current secondary school-level, full-time teachers in a school that serves a primarily local (not expatriate) population (Public Middle and High Schools);
- Have five or more years of classroom experience in TEA teaching disciplines: English, EFL, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, or special education;
- Be citizens of and residents of Algeria;
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree;
- Obtain a minimum score of 450 on paper based TOEFL ITP or 80 on TOEFL IBT. IELTS test is accepted). The TOEFL test is mandatory as strong English skills are a requirement for the program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program; and
- Have submitted a complete application
Candidates interested in this program should submit a complete application which includes the following documents:
- A completed online application form at https://oas.irex.org/fulbrighttea
- A current CV;
- Completed Institutional Support and Reference Forms (ISRF), completed by a supervisor;
- Leave Approval Form (LAF) completed by the headmaster of the school;
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport (information data page only);
- One passport size photo; and
- Copies of academic records and diplomas along with the official English translated version
- TOEFL IBT or TOEFL ITP score report
Please note that this is a program for practicing teachers. Ministry of Education officials, educational administrators, and full-time teacher trainers, university faculty, and private English- language tutors are not eligible to apply. Applicants must follow all application instructions and submission guidelines. Short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, and applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements listed above will not be forwarded to the selection committee. The applicants need to complete all the listed forms and send them to Public Affairs Section at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fulbright_Teaching_Excellence_and_Achievement_TEA_Program Details English Vesrion (PDF 140kb)
- Program Announcement (PDF 278kb)
- Institutional Support and Reference Form (PDF 156kb)
- Leave Approval Form (PDF 233kb)
- Online Application Guide for Applicants (PDF 903kb)