2020 TYC 3rd Pan-African Youth Camp for Tanzanian or East African National
Deadline: June 21, 2020.
The 3rd Pan African Youth Camp marks an important milestone in the roadmap towards having different youth empowerment and investment strategies in Tanzania and other East African countries. The camp is meant to be a youthful event and hence it will be fun and meaningful in terms of its content. It will enable youth to learn and improve different skills as well as having the best experiential sharing sessions during the camp. The approach used to deliver the content of the camp is participatory in nature and hence all participants become part and parcel of shaping the content of it from the very initial stages.
- The applicant must be a Tanzanian or East African national from Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan and Uganda youth aged between 18-29 years
- Must be fluent in English but ready to add towards diversity through a local language of Kiswahili (There will be no translation services)
- The young change maker must be implementing any youth development project which has an impact in the society.
- The project implemented must be innovative and should either encompass exchange program as a product or use an exchange program’s knowledge as an enabler in the implementation of the idea
- The participant should be ready to come with the practical stuffs for his/her project in order to showcase them during the Pan-African youth camp
- The participant must be ready/willing to live a camping life including sleeping in a Safari tent and using other camping gears during the camping
- Be curious, open – minded, appreciate diversity and willing to learn from other’s initiatives
- Preferably be involved in a start-up, organization or network, institution, formal or informal group as a multiplier of one of SDG or having founded his/her own startup as a change maker in a society
- Posses a sense of responsibility for one’s own actions, a commitment to personal and community development and continue the engagement with other participants beyond the youth camp
- Be motivated to learn and to apply the values and approaches for being a change maker in a society
- Be involved in youth or community projects in their community and motivated to implement youth initiatives for SDGs
- Alumni of different youth exchanges particular those between Germany and African countries and have impacted their local communities upon returning from an exchange or volunteer program are strongly encouraged to apply
- Participant should be highly motivated, innovative, creative and independent thinkers with a pan-Africanism spirit. Knowledge of Agenda 2063 is an asset.
- Participant should be a change makers with different actions that have great impact not only in their societies but potential to influence at the global level.
- Should be available and be able to travel to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania during the youth camp time
- Should be willing to share his/her username of social media platforms/accounts such as facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedin, and youtube if available.
- To learn from fellow East African change makers about best practices demonstrated in their initiatives and projects such as youth startups, youth exchange programs, apprenticeship and traineeship programs for youth development.
- To utilize an opportunity to disseminate the results of successful Youth development programs such as youth startups, youth exchange programs, apprenticeship and traineeship programs
- To meet fellow change makers and share what works and what doesn’t and identify synergies and ways of working together to help in the future of youth development in East African countries
- To meet and network with relevant stakeholders in the field of youth development
- To learn from great facilitators in youth development issues
- To learn and better understand about the growth mindset towards realizing personal growth and country’s growth
- Creating long lasting connections and networks with fellow like minded youth change makers
- Getting the chance of youth mentorship through peer to peer consult
- Learning more about youth problems and youth solutions especially to the global challenge
- Understanding the ecosystem of youth start – opportunities and risks.
Interested applicants must submit their applications to [email protected] by sending the Motivation letter, brief description/abstract of their projects and CV
OFFICIAL LINK: http://www.tzyc.org/camp3