2020 Travel Tech for Good Accelerator Program for Entrepreneurs from East Africa.
Deadline: February 9, 2020.
The Travel Tech for Good Accelerator powered by TUI Care Foundation and enpact e.V, supported by UNWTO, is 3-month support for entrepreneurs, during which local and international mentors help you shape your business model, research potential investors and clients, and bring your elevator pitch to the next level. 6 start-ups are selected to participate in an intensive acceleration programme, which will take place in three hubs across East Africa. Boosting purpose-driven business development and improving the pitches will be at the core of the accelerator. Local and international mentors alongside a network of tourism professionals will advise the entrepreneurs and their team throughout the acceleration phase. The programme ends with a Demo Day, where the founders pitch the results in front of an international jury. The winner will receive a cash reward and, importantly, access to East African ecosystems and an international network of supporters and experts. The programme targets startups with business models that have a social or environmental mission and hence are dedicated to positive change in their society.
- Entrepreneurs who have a registered business based in East Africa
- The business is in travel or tourism sector
- The business has a social and/or environmental mission
- A revenue-generating market opportunity
- A scalable technology-driven business model
- Market traction and a track record of achievements, such as clients, revenue and partners
- Entrepreneurs at or about to be at the growth stage of their business
- Don’t apply if you are at idea stage or your business is not scalable!
- A strong core team or the ability to attract one
- Entrepreneurs who are receptive to coaching and feedback
They invest in human capital
- They have a long-term focus on the entrepreneur
- They focus on strategic networking, coaching and capacity building
- They have a selective global network of innovators, tourism experts, investors and influencers
- They offer peer-to-peer relations between entrepreneurs and mentors/advisors from enpact and TUI Care Foundation‘s network
- They offer workshops in three tech hubs across East Africa