2020 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program
Deadline: November 18, 2019.
Irex are now accepting applications for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s 2020-2021 Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP). As part of the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program, the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) builds the workforce capacity of a diverse group of young technical institute students from across all regions of Tunisia. Through U.S.-based training and practical experience in leadership positions and community engagement opportunities, Tunisian youth gain the skills to contribute to economic development in Tunisia.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by US law.
Competition for the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Tunisia
- Is currently residing in Tunisia
- Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at an ISET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Technologiques), IHET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Touristiques), or ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie)
- Has a demonstrated record of academic excellence
- Is able to receive and maintain a US J-1 visa
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT)
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2020.
TCCSP provides funding for the following:
1. J-1 visa support.
2. Round trip travel from the participant’s home city to their host institution in the United States.
3. tuition and mandatory college fees.
4. A health benefits plan
5. A monthly allowance for living expenses.
6. Limited allowance for textbooks.