2020 Teach For India Fellowship program
Deadline: March 1, 2020.
The Teach For India Fellowship program is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising youth, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools. Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals, and parents, our Fellows get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
1. They believe that our Fellows are going to be leaders of the movement towards educational equity.
2. Aside from passion and commitment to the vision of educational equity, they look for leadership potential that can develop through the two-year Fellowship.
3. Their Fellows are critical thinkers and problem solvers. They have grit, courage and set high expectations for themselves and for others. They demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders.
4. They look for diversity in our Fellowship cohort, and their Fellows come from across the country, with varied levels of professional experience — college students, working youth, experienced professionals, and entrepreneurs.
5. Fellows come from over 300 college campuses and companies, from urban and rural India, and from outside of India.
6. Teach For India is looking for potential Fellows who have exhibited academic proficiency, demonstrated leadership, strong organizational skills, hold a graduate degree and are inclined to make a commitment to the community.
7. Students and professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree at the time of joining the Fellowship are invited to apply.
1. Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 20,412 per month.
2. If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs.5,300 to 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
3. In addition, Fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.