2020 Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (LLM) Scholarships
Deadline: January 31, 2020.
TGCL) is a cooperation projectof the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania,and the University of Bayreuth,Germany. It is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The TGCL offers a structured LLM study programme at the University of Dar es Salaam School of Law and trains aspiring young East African lawyers, qualifying them for leading positions in the regionand beyond.
1. TGCL invites applications from candidates from the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda) for LLM studies starting on 1 November 2020.
2. The minimum requirement for admission to the LLM programme is a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent from a recognised higher learning institution.
3. The language of instruction at the University of Dar es Salaam School of Law is English. Those who are not conversant with it should not apply.
4. Candidates who have received theirlast University degree more than six years a goat the time of the application can be admitted as self-paying students but do not qualify for scholarships
The TGCL will award scholarships to applicants from EAC Partner States only,which will cover:
1. The tuition fees for the LLM programme at the TGCL
2. Cost of living stipend of 2,880 EUR for one year
3. An accommodation subsidy of 360 EUR for one year
4. A reasonable health insurance for one year
5. Research allowance lump-sum of 460 EUR